© 2020 RSM Canada Operations ULC. All rights reserved.
Getting back into the workplace
Establishing a safer, low-touch environment
Many businesses are reopening their workplaces after the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, but operations cannot continue as they did in the past. New and evolving federal, provincial and local regulations will have significant effects on how organizations can move forward with operating physical spaces including offices, retail locations, warehouses and shop floors.
The environment creates several new challenges for your business that must be addressed quickly. Your organization will need to adjust policies and procedures for everything from how employees arrive at the workplace, to where they sit and how they interact. These challenges will likely continue to evolve over the next 12 months, as you make changes to meet employee and customer expectations moving forward.
How RSM can help
RSM has developed several industry-specific services to help you bring customers and employees back to the workplace safely while minimizing costs. Our getting back into the workplace services can help you develop low-touch environments for several specific areas, including:
- Develop a low-touch shopping and checkout and payment process
- Evaluate store layout and optimize aisles
- Allow for reservations for shopping to avoid waiting in lines
- Reduce roaming employees while making it easy for customers to find help
- Create a low-touch payment experience
- Develop a process to wait for a table to reduce lines and congregating
- Reassess service to reduce interaction with each table
- Assess how to demonstrate cleanliness of service items
- Assess turnstiles and security entry points
- Avoid logjams at elevators, security entry points and other common areas to reduce congregation
- Determine capacity controls to reduce congregation points
- Consider advanced technology to reduce logjams and meet regulatory requirements
- Evaluate all aspects of the office space to reduce congregation points and potential log jams
- Evaluate food and drink areas including refrigerators, coffee and water stations, etc.
- Evaluate all entry and exit points
- Manage badge access and access to all shared workspaces, conference rooms and team spaces
Warehouses and shop floors
- Evaluate layout of warehouse and shop floors to reduce congregation points
- Digitize paper processes
- Assess security checkpoints and configuration
- Reassess shifts to reduce number of employees on-site
How can we help you?
An innovative app to get you back to work—safely
A key element of our strategy to helping you reopen safely is the new Working Distance by RSM app, an easy-to-implement and cost-effective solution to help you schedule arrivals into the workplace to maintain social distancing, enforce capacity limits, reduce arrival delays and know when employees enter and leave the workplace. Working Distance by RSM provides several distinct benefits, including:
- Safe and efficient scheduling of employee arrivals to reduce wait times, eliminate queuing and practice social distancing
- Simple and intuitive interface for employee and administration access on any device
- Customizable to meet your specific arrival and departure policies and meet evolving regulatory requirements
- Lightweight, cloud-based app—built on Microsoft Power Apps and delivered in a software-as-a-service model to streamline implementation and management
- Low cost and easy to implement—be up and running in five days
By combining experienced advice and emerging technology, we can help you get back into the workplace by building and maintaining low-touch working environments that prioritize the safety and security of your employees and customers.