© 2018 RSM Canada Operations ULC. All rights reserved.
Digital Forensics and Incident Response
Helping you detect, contain and respond to cyber threats
With today’s advanced threats, rapidly changing malware and a constantly shifting legal and regulatory landscape, it is essential to quickly detect, contain and respond to any threat to the organization. When a security incident does occur, an efficient, prompt response is critical to maintaining business operations and minimizing the financial impact and reputational damage. RSM has a comprehensive team skilled in both preparing for and dealing with an incident and the circumstances surrounding it.
It is always better to be prepared for an incident before it happens. Our consultants come equipped with extensive experience in military, law enforcement and corporate investigations giving them the real world experience required to help your organization respond to a cyber attack, build a robust incident response plan, or support a litigation matter involving digital evidence. We focus not just on the immediate fraud or security breach but also on the steps needed to prevent a similar event in the future. When a crisis does hit, RSM brings a comprehensive team with specialists who can address your needs in a time-sensitive manner while helping to identify root causes to resolve incidents as expeditiously as possible.
Who needs this
Since most organizations rely on computer systems and related application software to manage and maintain their business information, it is critical that these organizations are able to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their data through a robust incident response program. This includes regularly reviewing and testing your plan. If an incident does occur, you need someone who can get in quickly, find out what happened, and help you reduce the impacts, eradicate the threats and get you back on the road to recovery. Our team uses digital forensics for swift attention to security breaches or civil/criminal litigation issues.
Overview of services
RSM digital forensics and incident response professionals provide a variety of services to help you prepare for or respond to an incident, and address your digital investigation needs such as:
- Incident response plan development and testing: Proper planning is essential to ensure a defined response team can minimize negative effects and maintain normal, secure operations. We can help you create a custom incident response plan suited for your organization as well as work through tabletop exercises and attack simulations to evaluate the effectiveness of your plan.
- Incident response investigative services: When an incident does occur, the circumstances surrounding it may lead to the need for a digital forensic investigation. RSM uses industry standard analytical and investigative techniques to identify, collect, preserve and examine digital information to help you reduce the impacts, eradicate the threat and get on the road to recovery. In addition, the RSM team provides experienced consultation and/or expert witness testimony as needed while working through any legal proceedings.
- Breach assessment and malware analysis: A breach is often the worst-case scenario for your business, and it is critical to understand what happened and how to prevent it in the future. After an incident is contained, RSM can work with you to better understand what and how the incident occurred. RSM takes the information learned as part of the investigation to help you identify and mitigate risks. RSM’s consultants are also capable of analyzing malware to determine the functionality, origin and potential impact it may have on your business.
- Ransomware assessment: Ransomware is becoming more advanced and more destructive. This assessment provides concrete validation for an organization’s susceptibility to this debilitating attack vector. It also reveals how ransomware will affect business processes.
- Litigation Support: The RSM team has years of digital forensic, information security, cyber security, and management consulting experience in both corporate and law enforcement environments. We use court proven digital forensic methods and tools, and members of our team have testified and been declared Expert Witnesses on numerous occasion.
Subscribe to our newsletters
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Contact us by phone +1.855.420.8473 or submit your questions, comments or proposal requests
We proudly sponsor and participate in events that provide innovative ideas and opportunities for you to improve and grow your business.
Jen Boutland and Jamie Nelson will be speaking at the Scotiabank Women Initiative, providing business insights for agricultural services.
RSM’s Bob Boser, partner, tax will be speaking at the Agricultural Excellence Forum on Tuesday March 17 at Westerner Park
Join RSM as we host a lunch and learn with BILD Central Alberta on March 18 from 12:00pm – 1:30pm discussing GST hot topics and issues.