© 2021 RSM Canada Operations ULC. All rights reserved.
Manufacturing industry trends and issues
Insights to fuel innovation for manufacturing companies
From the evolution of Industry 4.0 technologies to shifting workforce dynamics, the landscape of opportunity in the manufacturing industry has never been so robust. The industry is entering a technological revolution, which not only opens new markets for Canadian goods, but also changes the ways in which these goods are produced.
Having served the industry for decades, RSM’s audit, tax and consulting professionals are well aware of the tax and regulatory issues affecting the manufacturing industry and can help you navigate through them successfully. From technology strategies to supply chain management, we can help manage your organization’s emerging technological disruptions while looking to the future to achieve your unique goals.
From innovation to expansion, and from cyberthreats to profitability challenges, pressures on manufacturing firms come from all directions and affect all segments of the industry—automotive, chemicals and petrochemicals, electronics, general manufacturing and aerospace. How C-suite executives respond to these issues will shape their companies’ fortunes and, collectively, the landscape of the Canadian manufacturing industry.
RSM understands the ongoing issues that manufacturing business leaders face and has identified seven key trends affecting the manufacturing sector right now:
- The importance of enhancing IT architecture
- Data-driven decision-making
- The continuing urgency of cybersecurity
- The factory of the future
- Re-imagining global supply chains
- Shifting workforce dynamics
- The significance of environmental, sustainability and governance issues
The automotive sector is characterized by intense competition, a sharp focus on cost and regulatory oversight, with an ongoing trend toward global sourcing and distributed manufacturing and assembly operations. Evolving technology, consumer preferences and environmental concerns are also major forces shaping this sector. RSM’s automotive professionals understand the challenges our automotive clients face and the climate in which they operate, including accounting, tax and operational issues as well as the business and technical factors that drive the industry.
Services for manufacturing companies
From driving growth and managing risk, to fostering innovation and meeting operational challenges, manufacturing companies have much to address even when resources are stretched thin. Whatever your needs, RSM professionals have the experience, insights and relevant skills to help you solve your most complex business challenges. Here are some of the services we provide:
- Buy-side/sell-side due diligence
- Capital markets readiness
- Deal advisory and strategy
- Enterprise risk management
- Federal, provincial and international tax compliance and consulting
- Finance and accounting outsourcing
- Grants and credits
- IT security and privacy consulting
- Scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED)
- Technical accounting consulting
- Technology and digital transformation consulting
- Transfer pricing
- Mergers and acquisitions
How can we help?
Contact us by phone +1.855.420.8473 or submit your questions, comments or proposal requests