© 2021 RSM Canada Operations ULC. All rights reserved.
Government and public sector trends and issues
Whether it’s managing increased demands for service with a reduced budget or improving process efficiency and technology with declining revenues, government and public sector organizations increasingly have to do more with less. Success hinges on the organization’s ability to demonstrate value to stakeholders while accurately projecting future operational costs and obtaining the necessary resources.
Our extensive government experience assists agencies in leveraging the resources they have and monitoring the services they provide. Leverage RSM’s deep public sector knowledge to assist you in delivering your organization’s mission.
Federal entities are under considerable pressure to ensure that government functions as a business – delivering quality services, implementing efficient processes, and setting new standards that can withstand examination. RSM professionals provide compliance, risk assessment and performance review services to help federal agencies incorporate internal controls for greater efficiency.
Provincial governments are being challenged by a broader range of constituencies to deliver more transparency, efficiency and accountability than ever before. In the face of ever-changing economic and political conditions, provincial governments must function productively and show results, all while focused on achieving a higher mission: to preserve and protect the public interest. Let RSM’s professionals assist you in managing operational and financial challenges and deliver on your organization’s mandate.
Municipalities, regional districts and counties
Whether it’s managing increased demands for services with a reduced budget, or better-utilizing technology to simultaneously improve operations and experience, your municipality’s success hinges on its ability to proactively demonstrate value to citizens and stakeholders. Leverage RSM professionals’ deep understanding of municipal governments and some of the unique constraints they are facing today.
Education and health care
Health care organizations and educational institutions face a range of operational and financial obstacles. RSM’s professionals understand your unique pain points and can help your organization alleviate existing and emerging issues through specialized assurance, tax and consulting services.
Effective governance ensures that members and stakeholders of the First Nation (FN) governments maintain confidence while the governing laws and policies support accountability and transparency for both Chief and Council. RSM’s professionals enable FN governments to streamline their decision-making processes while increasing their effectiveness, efficiency and relevancy in financial administration. Much of our work involves facilitating buy-in from administration, Chief and Council, with a line of sight to the members of the FN.
Services for Government and public sectors
When resources are stretched thin, lean on the experience, insights and relevant skills of our professionals to help you solve your most complex public sector challenges. Whatever your mandate, from driving growth and managing risk to fostering innovation and meeting operational challenges, RSM’s robust public sector experience can help.
Here’s the full list of our service offerings:
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Digital transformation
- IT risk assessment and due diligence
- Strategic planning and review
- Regulation impact assessment
- Economic evaluation and budget planning
- Revenue impact analysis
- Actuarial assessment
- External financial statement audits
- Revenue recognition
- Program compliance audits
- Pension compliance audits
- Accounting policy adoption
- Complex accounting assistance
- Debt and equity transactions
- Service management (ITIL) advisory
- Salesforce implementation services
- Netsuite implementation services
- MS Dynamics implementation services
- Modern workplace (MS 365) migration
- Managed IT services
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Cultural diversity and inclusion
- Change management
- Indirect tax
- Tax function co-sourcing and outsourcing
- Federal and provincial income tax compliance
- Tax transformation and automation
- Credits and incentives
- Trade and customs
- Economic impact analysis
- Complex program and project management
- Enterprise architecture business analysis
- Environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) advisory
- Program and policy reviews
- Enterprise risk management
- Internal audit services
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Software advisory and selection services