RSM Canada kicks off Birdies Fore Love campaign
Update: The 2020 Birdies Fore Love charitable giving campaign is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated through donations and volunteering. Find out below which local charities will be receiving the funds raised this year.
RSM Canada, the leading global provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, is pleased to announce the kick-off of the firm’s 2020 Birdies Fore Love charitable giving campaign.
The Birdies Fore Love campaign sees RSM employees in both Canada and the United States raise funds for charitable organizations dedicated to enhancing educational outcomes or the quality of life for children and families. In support of Birdies Fore Love, RSM Canada offices throughout the country will volunteer and raise funds for select local charitable organizations that align with RSM’s core value of stewardship.
The charitable organizations RSM Canada has selected in support of Birdies Fore Love include:
- Headquartered in Toronto, ON, Camp Oochigeas (Camp Ooch) is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children and families affected by cancer through recreational programming. Among this programming is an overnight camp in Ontario’s Muskoka region that allows children to play and ‘be kids’, giving them a moment of respite from their illnesses. A unique feature of Camp Ooch is that children are able to continue with cancer treatment during their time at camp through state-of-the-art facilities and the support of medical volunteers.
- Based in Edmonton, Kids with Cancer Society provides unique and vital programs and services free of charge to children and families in northern Alberta and the Northwest Territories. They offer more than 50 programs and services that address the unique and complex needs of patients and their families ranging from family support programs and activities, peer support, activities, counselling services, and financial and education support.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Red Deer and District empowers youth by fostering a community of support. Their network seeks to instill young people with confidence in their unique identities and abilities, while providing safe environments to learn and grow. They aim to address the unique individual needs of youth in their community and apply a collective, unified approach to all of their programs and services that inspire youth empowerment.
- Brown Bagging For Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) provides lunches for approximately 4,400 kids each school day. BB4CK works with school staff members to identify needs and to plan how best to make sure hungry students get the nutrition they need to think clearly and learn. They believe that by enabling better education outcomes, BB4CK gives students a hand up, not just a handout.
RSM Canada successfully contributed $207,000 to their selected charities in 2019 during the firm’s second year participating in the Birdies Fore Love campaign. This year’s fundraising goal is expected to be raised through numerous virtual staff fundraising events, and also from external donors.
To support RSM Canada in achieving its fundraising goals, we invite you to:
- Donate directly to Camp Ooch
- Donate directly to Kids with Cancer Society
- Donate directly to Boys & Girls Club of Red Deer and District
- Donate directly to Brown Bagging For Calgary’s Kids
- Spread the word on social media using our social media handles on Twitter (@RSM_Canada), Facebook (@RSMCanada) and LinkedIn (rsmcanada), and RSM’s hashtag #BirdiesForeLove
About Birdies Fore Love
Birdies Fore Love is RSM’s charitable giving platform for The RSM Classic, a PGA TOUR event for which RSM is title sponsor. Through this program, RSM people raise funds for deserving charitable organizations focused on enhancing educational outcomes and the quality of life for children and families.
Each year, RSM offices commit to raising funds for local charitable organizations aligned with the missions of the RSM US Foundation and the Davis Love Foundation, the host organization of The RSM Classic. RSM Birdies Fore Love office champions coordinate fun activities that help their respective locations reach fundraising and participation goals.
Over the past 10 years, The RSM Classic has donated more than US$17 million to help charities that support children and their families, with US$4.6 million being donated to 70 deserving charities selected by our local offices in 2019 alone.
About RSM Canada
RSM’s purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today’s ever-changing business environment.
RSM Canada LLP provides public accounting services and is the Canadian member firm of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with more than 48,000 people in more than 120 countries. RSM Alberta LLP is a limited liability partnership and independent legal entity that provides public accounting services. RSM Canada Consulting LP provides consulting services and is an affiliate of RSM US LLP, a member firm of RSM International. For more information visit rsmcanada.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.