RSM Canada Kicks Off Birdies Fore Love Campaign During Volunteer Week
RSM Canada, the leading global provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, is pleased to announce the kick-off of the firm’s 2019 Birdies Fore Love charitable giving campaign. The kick-off will take place during RSM Canada’s Volunteer Week, which runs from July 29 until August 2.
Through Birdies Fore Love, RSM employees in both Canada and the United States raise funds for charitable organizations dedicated to enhancing educational outcomes or the quality of life for children and families. RSM Canada offices throughout the country will volunteer and raise funds between August and October for select local charitable organizations that align with RSM’s core value of stewardship.
The charitable organizations RSM Canada has selected in support of Birdies Fore Love this year include:
- Camp Oochigeas (Ooch) is a privately funded, volunteer-based organization that provides kids in Ontario with and affected by childhood cancer with unique opportunities for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences. The programs are free to families and run year-round. Camp Ooch lets children with cancer focus on who they are instead of what they have.
- Based in Edmonton, the Youth Empowerment and Support Services (YESS) is focused on providing immediate and low-barrier shelter, temporary housing, and individualized wrap-around support for youth between the ages of 15-24. YESS walks beside youth to minimize the risk of falling through gaps, to prevent and divert youth out of homelessness and into community.
- The Central Alberta Women’s Outreach Tools for School program aims to provide school supplies to families across central Alberta who otherwise could not afford their own supplies. They fill thousands of backpacks with basic school supplies and distribute them to children in kindergarten through to grade 12.
- Brown Bagging For Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) provides lunches for more than 4,000 kids each school day. BB4CK works with school staff members to identify needs and to plan how best to make sure hungry students get the nutrition they need to think clearly and learn. They believe that by enabling better education outcomes, BB4CK gives students a hand up, not just a handout.
As part of Volunteer Week and outside of the Birdies Fore Love campaign, RSM’s Calgary office has also chosen to support the Girl Guides of Canada - Guides du Canada, an important resource for girls in the community to learn how to find their voices, lead the way and discover how they can make a difference in their world.
“We were delighted by the success of our inaugural participation in the Birdies Fore Love efforts,” said Rhonda Klosler, national chief operating officer and Toronto office market leader with RSM Canada. “We are proud and privileged to continue along RSM’s path of stewardship and volunteering in support of our local charitable organizations, to help them grow and expand the programs and services they offer our communities.”
This year’s fundraising goal is $82,500 of staff, partner and external donor contributions through numerous events. Our fundraising goal will be eligible for various grant and matching programs through the RSM US Foundation, including a financial contribution for all staff volunteer hours during Volunteer Week.
To support RSM Canada in achieving its fundraising goals, we invite you to:
- Donate directly to Camp Ooch through RSM Canada’s fundraising page: https://support.ooch.org/diy/birdies-fore-love
- For all other donations including to our silent auctions, please contact media relations at RSM Canada. Contact details can be found at the bottom of this press release.
- Spread the word on social media using our social media handles on Twitter (@RSM_Canada), Facebook (@RSMCanada1) and LinkedIn (rsmcanada), and RSM’s hashtag #BirdiesForeLove
About Birdies Fore Love
Birdies Fore Love is RSM’s charitable giving platform for The RSM Classic, a PGA TOUR event for which RSM is title sponsor. Through this program, RSM people, supported with a matching donation from the RSM US Foundation, raise funds for deserving charitable organizations focused on enhancing educational outcomes and the quality of life for children and families.
Each year, RSM offices commit to raising funds for local charitable organizations aligned with the missions of the RSM US Foundation and the Davis Love Foundation, the host organization of The RSM Classic. RSM Birdies Fore Love office champions coordinate fun activities that help their respective locations reach fundraising and participation goals.
Over the past nine years, The RSM Classic has donated more than US$13 million to help charities that support children and their families, with US$3.5 million being donated to deserving charities selected by our local offices in 2018 alone.
RSM's purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today's ever-changing business environment.
RSM Canada LLP provides public accounting services and is the Canadian member firm of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms with more than 41,000 people in 116 countries. RSM Alberta LLP is a limited liability partnership and independent legal entity that provides public accounting services. RSM Canada Consulting LP provides consulting services and is an affiliate of RSM US LLP, a member firm of RSM International. For more information visit rsmcanada.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Heidi Christensen Brown
Director, Corporate Communications