Chairman of the Board and Principal, Risk Advisory Services
Areas of focus: Risk Advisory, Technology and Financial Advisory
Bob Jacobson is a principal at RSM US LLP (RSM) and serves as chairman of the RSM US Board of Directors. He leads the firm’s consulting practice in the West region, which includes risk, technology and financial advisory services.
Jacobson joined RSM in 2002 and has held various leadership positions, including national consulting managing director, national risk advisory service line leader and leader of the upper Midwest risk advisory consulting practice.
He has deep experience serving clients of various sizes and industries, with enterprise risk and compliance services, including providing project management services for complex Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), internal audit and governance-related activities.
Jacobson also specializes in business valuation, fraud investigation, litigation support, readiness for initial public offering (IPO), and process improvement consulting. He is a frequent speaker and published author.
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Certified Risk and Information Systems Control
- Certified Risk Professional
- Certified Project Manager
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Bachelor of Arts in economics, Carleton College
- Postgraduate classes in accounting and finance, University of Minnesota